We are so excited that you've made a decision for Christ, but you may be asking yourself "now what?" Here are a couple very important steps that will help you get started in your walk with Christ:
- TELL SOMEONE - We are called to be a witness for Christ. Nothing is more powerful than your testimony. Revelation 12:11 says we overcome "by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of our testimony." Share your newfound faith with family, friends and others.
- READ - Read your Bible. It is the living, inherent, infallible, Holy Word of God. By reading His word, we get to know Him. It teaches us who God is and the way we should live our lives to glorify Him.
- PRAY - Prayer is the way we communicate with God. He is interested in you and desires to have an intimate relationship. Prayer is essential to our Christian growth and spiritual life. Prayer is where the power is at!
- BE BAPTIZED - Although baptism does not save us, it is an important step and is commanded for a new believer. It is an outward sign of an inward change.
- FIND A CHURCH - Find a local congregation for discipleship and fellowship with other believers. Remember, no church is perfect and it may take a few visits to different places before you find the right fit for you and your family.